Are you worried that your important numbers are hidden inside a Dusty Shelf Report? In this webinar, we'll focus on practical techniques for getting your data out of lengthy reports and into real-world conversations. You'll see examples of the 30-3-1 Approach to Reporting from organizations like yours, and you'll learn how chapter dividers, color-coding, icons, and text hierarchies can break your important content into manageable chunks.
- The 30-3-1 Approach to Reporting
- 6 techniques that help you soar beyond the Dusty Shelf Report (minimal content, well-designed visuals, a variety of visuals, divider pages, color-coding by section, and a text hierarchy)
- Real-life before/after report makeovers
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- discuss how the 30-3-1 approach to reporting could be applied to their projects;
- name 6 practical strategies for making reports more digestible for busy readers; and
- critique "before" reports and explain how to transform those documents into "after" reports.
Staff who write reports about quantitative or qualitative data
This webinar is presented by Ann K. Emery, a sought-after speaker who is determined to get your data out of spreadsheets and into stakeholders’ hands. Each year, she leads more than 50 workshops, webinars, and keynotes for thousands of people with the aim of equipping organizations to visualize data more effectively. Ann's design consultancy also overhauls graphs, publications, and slideshows with the goal of making technical information easier to understand for non-technical audiences.
This webinar was recorded on June 27, 2019, and is approximately 90 minutes long.